Exploring the connection between nutrition and longevity
Why should we lose weight? This question is a subject of interest for many people. The obvious answer is that everyone wants to look good and feel good. However, a lot of people with excess weight feel healthy and beautiful. Therefore, it is essential to provide reasonable arguments and more specific information.
The scientific method is universally accepted as the best approach to any issue. Scientists love to conduct various studies related to obesity. After examining centenarians, who have reached the age of 100 years, the specialists managed to reveal some interesting facts.
First of all, there are very few intellectual workers among long-livers. They represent only 4 % of the total list. In contrast, the majority of centenarians are engaged in agriculture. Thus, fresh air and physical activity greatly contribute to life extension. Surveys of people aged 100 years or older have confirmed that eating in moderation is the key to a long life. And if getting a slim figure is not your motivation, then you should reduce food intake at least in order to live longer.
Representatives of modern medicine classify overweight people as unhealthy. Obesity is the most common non-infectious disease. Weight gain is influenced by genetic, environmental, and other factors. But most of the time, it is simply a matter of an unhealthy diet and a sedentary lifestyle. According to statistics, overweight people rarely feel good. Let's find out what causes this condition.
- Fat is extra pounds that people constantly have to carry. Therefore, even a simple movement from point A to point B requires additional energy.
- Breathing problems. Fat people often suffer from shortness of breath when moving around. They find it difficult to start running and quickly slow down their pace.
- Cardiovascular diseases. Obesity is associated with an increased risk of developing heart disease. Blood pressure and heart rate values in obese people often exceed the normal range. As a result, it leads to additional complications.
- Being overweight can affect a person's entire quality of life. The main problem is that they are reluctant to engage in physical activity. In doing so, they deprive themselves of the opportunity to play sports, outdoor games, etc. The consequence is a more intensive accumulation of fat.
- Insecurities. Overweight people often have a lack of confidence since childhood. In this case, the question of losing weight comes down to personal problems.
Thus, weight loss is indeed important only for those people who experience physical or psychological problems associated with being overweight. Every adult must determine his own true reason for losing weight. And if life is difficult because of obesity, then weight loss will be a great solution.
The first step in solving this problem is to accept that our health depends on us. But we recommend that you do not take the second and all subsequent steps alone. The best thing to do is to see a doctor at Lake Conway Clinic. Experienced professionals will help you create a personalized weight loss plan.
Reason 1. Sensible Strategy
To lose weight wisely, you must first learn as much as possible about your problem. However, it is not enough to read the articles on the Internet and hope for your willpower. You need objective information that is only provided by doctors.
Lake Conway Clinic’s doctor starts with a detailed study of your specific situation, which is called an assessment of a patient's nutritional status. After a detailed interview, examination, body measurement, you will be required to run some tests.
- General and biochemical blood test.
- General urine analysis.
- Additional blood test for vitamins and minerals, if needed.
All these procedures are necessary to form a comprehensive picture of your nutrition and health status. Besides, the process helps to identify the presence of any alimentary-dependent diseases, that is food-related illnesses, and noticeable lack of one or another vitamin in your body.
After completing the initial examination, the doctor will prescribe additional tests — an assessment of basal metabolic rate and an assessment of body composition. These painless procedures are performed using special equipment.
Reason 2. Slowly But Steadily
Usually, when people try to lose weight on their own, they start with a sharp change in diet. They tend to cut out certain foods and drastically reduce the amount of food, resulting in sudden weight loss in the first 2-3 months.
Unfortunately, it would help if you did not get excited about rapid weight loss. First of all, you will quickly gain the same weight back after weight loss. Secondly, it is a serious stress for the body, which can activate all your chronic diseases. Moreover, a sudden weight reduction usually occurs due to the loss of muscle mass. It means that you will feel weak, powerless, tired.
Lake Conway Clinic always controls the process of weight loss as it has to be gradual. It is considered that losing 10% of initial weight in a year is a perfect result.
Reason 3. Keeping Health Under Control
Obesity is a serious problem, but patients who do not control the process of losing weight may have even more serious problems.
- Firstly, you may experience an exacerbation of all chronic diseases, including those you were not aware of. It is important to remember that obesity usually does not come alone. The patient can develop many diseases: arterial hypertension, diabetes mellitus, joint diseases, and others.
- Secondly, you will get a general deterioration of health. As a rule, it is connected with an inadequate protein intake that affects the muscles. You can also receive fewer vitamins and minerals, which greatly contribute to your condition. Such disorders are difficult to diagnose and even more difficult to correct.
- Third, you are especially vulnerable to infectious and viral diseases during an aggressive diet.
Besides, uncontrolled weight loss is considered to provoke an exacerbation of gastritis, ulcers, urolithiasis, and bowel disorders. You may also experience a sudden drop in blood pressure.
If you lose weight under the supervision of a doctor, the process will be sensible and systematic. You will have a balanced diet based on your individual characteristics. Thus, all these elements will not disrupt the functioning of your organism.
Reason 4. Without Making Excuses
If you are trying to lose weight on your own and you are not satisfied with the results, there is a temptation to think that It doesn’t work; I have a special case; The reason lies not in the way of life, but in something else...
If you are losing weight under the supervision of a doctor at Lake Conway.
- You will receive an objective view from an expert who can always assess whether it really doesn’t work or things are not happening as quickly as you expected;
- If it is indeed a special case, the doctor will identify it at the stage of the initial diagnosis. Actually, such cases are quite rare in modern practice: more than 90% of all patients do not eat healthily and do not move enough.
- The main way of treatment will aim at the correction of lifestyle and nutrition.
Reason 5. What will happen next?
Anyone who has ever tried to lose weight knows that it is not so difficult to lose pounds as to keep fit. The doctor will help make it happen - you will be given healthy diet recommendations that contribute to easier weight maintenance. Please note — any obesity is a reason to see a doctor. In most cases, people come to the clinic only after they get a severe form of the disease. However, it would be much easier to correct the situation at the initial stage.
Lake Conway Clinic's goal is to examine your body and find the exact reasons for putting on weight.
Our work focuses on a weight loss program based on scientific methods. Do not trust nutritionists who prescribe obesity Treatment after 10 minutes of consultation! Our specialists follow a strict diagnostic algorithm, identify the underlying cause of excess weight and concomitant diseases. This allows us to implement a highly individualized approach to developing a weight loss plan. Several disorders can provoke weight gain. In this case, patients are given relevant recommendations and offered treatment. Thorough diagnostics provide a way to define the cause of excess weight. This is our aim! The specialists of Lake Conway will make every effort to start your process of losing weight.
We will carefully Scan your body by.
- Determining the metabolic rate.
- Finding out your metabolic age. There have been cases when 30-year-olds had a metabolic rate of older adults. This is a sign for you to speed up your metabolism!
- Collecting tests. If necessary, you will need to take a genetic test to find out the predisposition to obesity. A comprehensive range of tests will assess the overall health and identify diseases that are responsible for excess weight.
- Calculating the body mass index to understand how much fat you have to lose. You will also see how your indicators change during the process of weight loss!
- Screening for food addiction, as well as latent depression and stress that can trigger overeating.
- Examining your lifestyle, eating habits, sleep quality. The information received will help fundamentally change your life for the better!
- Assigning you a curator — a guide to the world of fit people. Personal supervision is the most important component of weight-loss success.
When a person is 35 or more kilograms overweight, rapid weight loss techniques are not effective. Our weight loss program will last for at least a year. This means that you will have enough time to lose weight under the guidance of our doctors properly. And together we will maintain your achieved result.
With our help, you will be able to
- Lose up to 30 or more kilograms without complications and the threat to health.
- Balance your hormones, metabolic processes and activate the process of burning fat.
- Determine and eliminate the true cause of extra pounds according to your particular case.
- Create your personalized diet plan and a training program - you will learn how to manage your weight.
- Stay slim for the rest of your life.
The primary doctor will become your reliable mentor and friend who will support, guide, and accompany you until you get the desired result.
Our clinic will make the process of losing weight easy and comfortable! No calorie counting or food journaling. We respect your way of life. You will lose weight without fear of breakdowns and problems. Your doctor will always be in touch with you.