Annual Physical Examination at Lake Conway
The annual physical exam is a preventive care visit with your doctor. During your annual checkup, you can get the following services.
- Update immunizations.
- Pass basic health tests to detect hidden diseases.
- Identify risk factors for chronic diseases such as diabetes, obesity, vascular problems. Regular screening allows your doctor to treat these conditions before they become serious.
- Modify your diet and exercise level.
- Ask your doctor any questions about your symptoms, physical activity, medications, supplements, and vitamins you are taking.
Doctors recommend that healthy people between the ages of 20 to 30 undergo health examinations every 2 years. People aged 40 and over should get annual checkups.
Schedule your appointment
How to Prepare for your Annual Physical Exam?
- Write down any health concerns you currently have.
- Take the necessary tests ahead of time. This may include blood tests, mammograms, and any other regular screenings you need to monitor your condition. Bring your recent test results.
- Make a list of all the medications you take, including any vitamins and supplements, or take photos of the labels.
- Bring additional records if you track your health. It can be a food diary, allergy journal, blood pressure statistics.
- If you have an implanted device (such as a pacemaker), bring a copy of the front and back of your device card.
- You will need to remove any jewelry that may interfere with a medical examination.
Key Indicators of the Annual Physical Exam at Lake Conway
- Vital signs: blood pressure, heart rate, respiratory rate, and body temperature.
- Visual assessment includes the condition of your skin, hair, posture, lymph nodes. Tests for coordination, memory, muscle strength. The doctor will also examine the thyroid gland, throat, tonsils, and abdominal cavity.
- Examination of the heart and lungs with a stethoscope.
- Complete blood count
- Chemistry panel
- Urine test
However, each patient has their own unique story. Depending on their individual cases, doctors at Lake Conway may order additional tests during the annual check-up to evaluate specific concerns. For example, if the patient has a family history of heart disease, an additional cholesterol test (lipid panel) might be needed. If the patient is overweight, they should be tested for insulin resistance.
Additional Tests at Lake Conway
Based on the results of the screening tests, your age, and your family medical history, your doctor may suggest additional testing.
Screening Tests for Men
- Examination of the testicles and penis for lumps or signs of STIs.
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm screening for men ages 65-75.
- Prostate screening for men aged 40 and above, depending on family medical history.
- Cholesterol test for men 35 years of age and older. Cholesterol screenings are recommended for men starting as early as age 20 if they have a family history of heart disease or diabetes.
Screening Tests for Women
- Mammograms and breast exams help detect early signs of breast cancer in women over 40.
- Cholesterol test for women over the age of 45.
- Gynecological examination of the vulva, vagina, and cervix for signs of STIs or other diseases.
- Pap test helps to determine the risk of developing cervical cancer.
Schedule an Annual Physical Exam at Lake Conway.
Schedule your appointment